Giving You The Information And Support You Need In Divorce And Family Law Matters
Family law can be emotionally charged. The best lawyers help their clients stay calm so they can make the right decisions about their cases. At John Shryock Co. L.P.A., our clients can put their emotions aside because we give them extensive support throughout their cases. We are exceptionally detail-oriented. From the moment you talk with us, we’ll begin helping you understand the process and your legal options. Together, we’ll build a strategy for obtaining the best possible results in your family law matter.
The Services We Offer Our Clients
We handle a range of family law cases, including:
- Allocation of parental rights: In a divorce or dissolution of marriage, important questions arise concerning the children. What should happen to the children?
- Child support: Children need the financial support of both of their parents. The Ohio Child Support Guidelines are designed to provide children with the appropriate amount of support from both parents.
- Shared parenting: Parents ending their marital relationship have two methods of determining how they will deal with issues involving their children.
- Division of assets and debts: If a couple cannot agree on a settlement during a divorce, the court will decide how to divide their marital property.
- Divorce: Divorce is the termination of a marriage in a lawsuit that is initiated in a contested manner. It is an intensely personal experience.
- Modifications: If there has been a major change in your financial or living situation, we can help you obtain a modification of your child custody, child support or spousal support orders under appropriate circumstances.
- Domestic violence: Allegations may arise from spousal or child abuse. In some cases, these claims are warranted and protection is necessary. Other times, false claims of abuse are made to gain leverage in custody disputes.
- Spousal support: Spousal support (also known as alimony) is needs-based and is determined on a case-by-case basis after a thorough consideration of a number of factors.
- Adoption: An adoption terminates the legal tie between a biological parent and a child. It creates a new parent-child relation in every sense.
- Military issues in divorce: We represent servicemen and women and have the experience you need to protect your assets and rights.
- Abuse and neglect: A finding of abuse, dependency or neglect in a juvenile court may have a devastating effect upon a parent’s right to custody of his or her children.
- Grandparents’ rights: Many times, only the grandparents are the appropriate persons to provide the necessary care and support for children.
- Dissolution of marriage: The dissolution of marriage is the termination of a marital relationship by the agreement of the parties before the matter is submitted to the court.
Because the family law attorneys at our Ohio law firm have years of experience, they are well-equipped to handle even the most complex and challenging family law matters. At our firm, we represent families whose legal challenges include escalated custody disputes, allegations of abuse and neglect, family violence, or hidden and complex assets.
Each situation is different. We tailor the representation we provide to meet your unique needs.